View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #34
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I concur about Michael Turner's "male face" and "female face". Jim Lee and Alex Ross were the first two I could identify the artwork of, this was when I was a child and not reading anything outside of TMNT Adventures or Batman/Batman & Robin Adventures. That says something about how they stood out. I would say that below the four on Mount Rushmore for me would be Turner, maybe its because Identity Crisis was the first big event during my reading and its "why". Sciver because the first book I read long-term not just a story arc here and there was Green Lantern: Rebirth and the follow up title would be "why" for him. Marshall Rogers along with them,overlooked and taken not as soon as Turner,but still too soon. Dick Dillin, because of his extensive JL of A volume one work, its simply amazing. To round out a ninth and tenth person, Ryan Brown of the Mirage Dudes depicted the TMNT the way I knew them growing up. Finally, I would say Jim Aparo. Jim in his later work like Michael Turner had generic looks for his characters as seen in the late 80s'/early 90s' Batman title run. Though in his day when DC had a legendary stable of creators in the Bronze Age he turned out gold! Just to note, there are three I hold as God tier greatness with George Perez rounding out the Theodore Roosevelt spot just below them then six others I admire for the reasons I explained.

I checked the Brave and the Bold stuff mentioned earlier,Brave and the Bold#108 had demon possessed Nazis while DC Special Series#8 had the actual devil.