View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
so you guys will eventually have to make the transition to tumblr and twitter to discuss the future of television and movies and videogames.
Eh, personally I think it's quite different segments of the fandom. One that older fans in particular may not necessarily ever end up joining. There seems to be a portion of younger fandom who have decided that fandom (and not just of TMNT) is primarily a source for getting attention, not just a collection of people who like a thing and want to talk about it. Places like Trumlr are an easier soapbox since people can have their own page, followers, get likes, etc. Forums are a shared space that doesn't typically have that. Sure, people can share their own art, etc here, but there is less of a soapbox; no thread really belongs to only one person. Attention is likely a big reason why much of that sort isn't on forums. (And short attention span for those who ONLY use Twitter and I guess have no interest in actual real discussion.)

With the current series ending and this next one possibly being made "younger," to be honest... I wouldn't be too sad if a lot of that particular "look at me" segment wanders off. Really kind of dislike that part of it has become that... And that is probably never going to meet the needs of plenty of the type of fans who prefer a forum.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-30-2017 at 02:01 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote