View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 09:29 PM   #8
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosheh View Post
Whew - finally, my account was approved not too long ago. I'm Kosheh, the guy who worked on all those palette swaps (and I made sure to REALLY check my sources to pull from every nook and cranny of the TMNT universe!) Some of my other pals haven't gotten their accounts approved yet, so I'll do the best I can to answer any of the questions you guys might have. I did wanna clarify something though:

Since this post has been made, the lead programmer has appeared at EVO and revealed that Super TF will be a thing. So, basically it's more like:

We'll be updating the games based on player feedback.

In Casey's case, we'll be turning him into a hybrid of both the NES and Genesis characters with some additional tweaks to keep him as cohesive as possible within TMNTTF SNES' mechanics.
On the second question - TMNTTF SNES celebrates the different aspects of the TMNT universe from that time, and the roster will be sure to maintain that consistency. In other words, the cast consists the characters from the Mirage comic series up until the end of the Murakami-Wolf television series run (we promise Venus isn't in the game)

There's actually two TMNT fan projects going on in the same Discord channel and I think you might've referenced the other one on accident here (TMNT x Justice League)
- Mona Lisa is in! She's basically the NES Turtles wrapped into one character [weaponless combat]
- April O'Neil and Aska are still two separate characters; rest assured, April won't feel cloney in the least and she definitely won't look like Aska. I don't have the art onhand, but the character's overall look is basically the MD/GEN TMNTTF character but actually looks like the April you remember from this era.

If you guys have any additional questions, let me know! However, there are some things I can't reveal because we want to keep some awesome surprises under wraps for you guys and the FGC!
Yeah, it's good we won't get characters like Draxum, Venus, Eric Sachs, etc. But, does this mean we could be getting characters from "And Other Strangeness"? The Mexican "Las Tortugas Ninja" comic? Il Giornalino? The Fleetway comic? The Welsh Magazine? I'm even more curious if the Image series would fit into the set timeframe or not. From what I understand, will Slash be based on the Genesis Turtles, moveset-wise?