View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #1027
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Oh, no no no. You're giving PD way too much credit here. They did have a script, primarily two of them.

The Fusco script and the Blue Door, both scrapped (one for a better reason then the other obviously). And then the director made scenes for three different movies, got them edited to a pre-screening for Bay. Bay under a steak dinner told Liebsman the movie was too dark and sucked, so they had to reshoot the whole thing and make yet again scenes for a 4th version of the movie.

Best decisions ever.
You're also forgetting the Marcum/Holloway version of the PD script.

From what I understand, the Fusco script was never in play with PD. It was their intention to trash it the second they signed on. The Fusco script was developed with Mirage pre-Nick buyout, even though it was included in the sale and Paramount considered it. Marcum and Holloway were brought on a month or so after the PD deal was announced in 2010.

An acquaintance of mine has read the Fusco script while it was still in active development and had positive things to say about it. Fusco is a huge martial arts guy, and I was told that he played a lot with animal influences on martial arts in his concept.

I picked up a bunch of movie scripts from Kevin Eastman a while ago and was hoping the Fusco script would be in the box, haha! No luck, unfortunately.

The Blue Door was the only PD TMNT script to ever leak out, and even that was a pretty big deal when it happened.