View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 01:20 PM   #31
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I disagree, I think Mikey in Nick sees Leatherhead as more of a mentor/"big brother" kind of thing. He is Mikey's first REAL friend (aside from April, who is everyone's) of his own, so he feels very attached to that relationship. He's very giving, and Leatherhead accepting that and respecting him has a lot to do with their close ties. In fact, I'd say that the fact that LH treats him as an equal and respects him is a big reason why Mikey looks up to him so much and is so protective of him.

As for females in general, I see Mikey as being less picky than any of them- aliens, humans, mutants- it's all the same to him as long as they treat him and his brothers with respect and acceptance. He seems the most open to dating ANYONE he finds attractive and "fun" to be with. He's had crushes/relationships with Kala, Mitsu in movie 3, Buffy (also in FW), and Sera(sp?) in Mirage, and now both Renet and Shinigami in Nick. There was even Irma (briefly) in FW, if one wants to get technical. So he clearly is just happy to be with whomever, or at least is willing to overlook physical differences in his pursuit of romance. Given his open and outgoing personality, that is perfectly understandable for him.

Raphael feeling like a freak and going more for others who may also be considered "freaks"? Hmm, possibly, but that doesn't really explain Lucindra or Joi. I think he could go either way- human or mutant (or now alien, I guess?), but Indigo may be onto something with the "furry females" being something to cuddle up with and stay warm. I mean, they DO live in a cold, damp sewer!!

Leo seems more drawn to Lotus (or Karai) based on mutual appreciation of skills and cunning. So basically, he's into women for their talents and minds over their looks- an interesting trait for him. He's looking for an equal, which makes sense for him.

Donnie is indeed harder to pin down. On one hand we have the crush on April in Nick (and early in 4Kids to a lesser degree- though there are a few moments in Wedding Bells and Bytes that make one wonder if he ever actually got over that) and on the other we have his more uninterested view of women in FW (and in Mirage as well, I think.). He seems to be an all or nothing kind of guy when it comes to having interest in females of any type.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote