View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #1878
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I already mentioned it like twice in the show but I don't think Shredder will be a main villain and might not even appear at all unless fan outrage is big.

They didn't cancel the Nick show to do the same thing again, they'll be changing a lot of the status quo for the sake of it, not sure if it'll be a good thing or a bad thing but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.
I hope that's the case. I think the show needs to spend time solidifying the things that will set it apart from other TMNT shows before going back and doing its own version of traditional aspects of the TMNT mythos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
My predictions for the upcoming 2018 series.

1) Each season will have a different name for the show.

2) Things could get taken more seriously with Shredder on screen.

3) The show will be continuity driven. In other words, not strictly consisting of standalone stories.

4) Jokes about any criticisms towards the 2012 series. Like one of the Turtles pointing out that Mikey could be right about something. Or saying "I say that coming a mile away" at some plot twist on a TV show they're watch.

5) The season finale might have Leo become the team's leader.

6) Genndy Tartakovsky getting involved as a guest writer.
1. That could be cool

2. It's possible

3. I imagine it will be but I do think there will be plenty of episodes that are largely self-contained and don't feature much of the overarching plot

4. That would be funny! I couldn't get into the 2012 show though so I may not catch all of the critiques

5. That's definitely Cubed's theory

6. I would be cool with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Spoiler:
Things wil get much more seriously with me this time. I will execute mob bosses in front of people and there will be lot of blood. Also this time i will kill splinter and also cut his head and his feet and hands with a chainsaw. Yes this time i want to make him suffer so that how i will kill him:
First i i wil cut his legs, then he feets with the the chainsaw. Then while he will be screaming in pain i will cut his head!! That my plan!! For the first time also i will cut rocksteady bebop and hun hands and legs if they fail me like i did in the 2003 series to Baxter Stockman.
I will have TigerClaw Bebop Rocksteady Hun Xever and Chris Bradford all of them working for me again. Some new mutants too like a cat mutant and a worm mutant. There will not be Kraang but just Krang. He will be an ally for me like he was in the 1987 series. His robotic body will be similar to that of 1987 series but it will wear black shoes and underwar instead of red like in the 1987 series. You will also see how i meet him and become friends with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I like Shredder to be in the stories, though he may not be in this one, we'll know in about year, or more
I think the show will be airing by this time next year, so hopefully we'll know a lot more in six months or so. Maybe by then we'll have character designs and bios at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm sure he will be. He may not have as big a presence at the start but he will.

I just wonder what henchmen they'll give him this time. Now there's a combination of a bunch of characters they can use.
Like I said, I hope they hold off on using the Shredder for at least a season or two, to let this show build-up some of its own mythology first.

One thing they could do that would be interesting would be to make the Splinter/Shredder feud a contemporary thing, rather than something based in events of the past. As far as I know, the enmity between Saki and Yoshi has always been something that began before the Turtles were mutated (hundreds of years before, in the case of IDW). Making it something that happens in the present could be an interesting take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I hate what this forum has become. A socio-political medical waste bin for the same 5 people, day after day after day after day...