View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #35
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

it's totally possible to preserve foam latex and foam rubber... you just have to take the proper precautions in display location and method. no sunlight, no humidity really helps.

as far as PROPS... i have 3 TGRI/TCRI canisters from SOTO... one prototype labeled TCRI that is a modified leftover from the first film, or stunt TGRI with "ooze" and foam endcaps, and an incomplete background version that's missing an endcap. i purchased a huge box of TGRI canisters years ago... i was the one selling them on here. i had the NINJA RAP IS BORN newspaper from 2, but i sold it a few years ago... really kicking myself on that one.

i heard a few weeks ago that the FULL hero shredder helmet/armor/suit from 1 is a private collection in iowa. i know of a few pieces of shredder rubber stunt armor from 1, a hero foot soldier mask, TMNT 2 hero 'chucks, TMNT 1 shell, aaaaaaannnddd... that's all that's coming to mind at the moment. props are VERY hard to come across from the TMNT films for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
As far as original Hero suits there are two heads left, both are hidden deep in storage in the UK. We have a chance to shoot them for the doc, but it will cost a lot of money just to see them, so we are crossing our figures for now and it is not likely we can find the cash to get them shipped.
if it's a matter of just getting the shots, i know a GREAT DP/HD shooter in the UK that is a nut for classic sfx. i'm sure he would be all for it...

Last edited by d_osborn; 03-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote