View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #64
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
I had a Genesis and a SNES but I had MK on the Genesis because it actually had blood. I was a huge MK fan back then but loved Street Fighter as well but now I pretty much can't stand MK but have maintained my love of Street Fighter and just think it's a vastly deeper experience and contains much more substance than it does just style. I remember Capcom went completely crazy releasing newer versions of SF2 and me and my buddies would still get them and play the crap out of them. SF2 holds up to this day as maybe the greatest pure fighting game ever made.
Those updated versions of SF were needed to improve the game for the competitive fighting scene. But yes Capcom doing business with SFIV as if we were back in the early 90s was kinda silly, even though vanilla Sagat was too strong. I also don't like how they nerfed Cammy in Ultra.

Eh I dunno. Super Turbo is fun and all but I'd rather play 3rd Strike or Ultra SFIV competitively.

Well MK is for people who don't like fighting games in general, usually. Although I heard MKX is pretty hard. But yes the only selling point of older MK titles was the blood and fatalities and such. They kinda play like sh*t in comparison to SF, KOF, Tekken, VF and SC.

Which reminds me, Virtua Fighter 2 was pretty big for its time but clearly the franchise wasn't able to stay relevant.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote