Thread: The New Café
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #50
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Kaiserslautern?? is that an Army post or an Air Force bace?? Congrats to ur hubby. I know it took my dad way to long to get staff....wait....my first question may be void....i don't think there is a "Staff" sgt rank in the army
I live a good bit west of Kaiserslautern, which is actually just a big ol' city mostly void of any military bases. I'm on an Army run installation, though its primarily just housing and a big ass hospital. The Army and Marines call the pay grade of E-6 Staff SGT, while the Air Force calls it Tech SGT. Go figure. Growing up an Officer's daughter, I always thought the AF Enlisted ranking system was a bit wonky anyway.

TMB: Sounds like you're going through all manner of hell. If you're up to the responsibility, when you move out, consider applying for legal guardianship over your sister. All the paperwork required for the process is handled by the Probate Division of your local County Court Clerk's office, so it may not be as complicated as one would think. Best of luck, dude.