Thread: Writer's Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 10:55 PM   #15
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
I find it very helpful to listen to music while I set up a scene. Music like movie and/or video game soundtracks. Nothing with lyrics--that's too distracting. When I need to get something out and I’m having trouble, I’ll listen to a song that I think captures that scene well, and I’ll just write. I don’t worry about spelling or how coherent my sentences are. After I feel like I got the gist out, I turn off the music, go back to edit and clean up what I did. At least then I got out the pivotal points that I was struggling with before and can now focus on the actual writing part. This may not work for everyone but it may be worth a shot for you.

You have a lot of awesome headcannons! I like the Nightwatcher idea for Raph. I wish Nick’s series did something like that. 6th grade! Awesome! You’ve been a long-time fan of TMNT The reverse world sounds very interesting haha! I can’t imagine the turtles/Splinter being baddies! I love Hob. I think you should use him in your next fanfiction! He’s such an awesome character. Usagi is cool. I haven’t read the comics or know too much about him but I love the character design. Plus, I love the whole samurai code of honor thing. Like, I just love samurai movies and Usagi seems like he’s the epitome of all that.

Is there any way that you could submit your story ideas to Nick? It would be cool if you could co-write with them for an episode! I think that would be so fun, but I don’t know how this stuff works xP How is your paranormal original piece coming along?

Hey! I listen to music while I write, too, actually, and I also write scenes "out of order" at times. However, I actually like using music with lyrics when I write, especially songs that have titles and/or lyrics that really "fit" the tone or action or emotions of the scene I'm working on. Like the scene I was doing today for Love Is Shell (my "main" AU fic) I decided to name the chapter title "Of Rage and War" (the title of a song by Savatage), since it really fits with what is happening in that chapter. I do that a lot, actually, I'll find lyrics or song titles that work for whatever scene or chapter- or even short story!- I'm doing, and use the title or a line from it for the title. My Some Other World fic was inspired by (and named for) an Elton John song of the same name- though the song is MUCH "cheerier" than the story, LOL! Funny thing, though, a lot of the songs I use are also from movie soundtracks, so we have that in common, too.

Heh, yea, Hob is awesome, and I'm thinking of putting Xever in (in his human form) again somewhere. Also, Usagi is one of my favorite "guest" characters in TMNT. I loved him in the OT series, as well as in the 2K3 one, and I've recently started reading his own comics, too. He's such a cool little guy, LOL!

As for the Nick thing, I'd probably have to become an established script-writer first. I doubt they'd pick some unknown to do an episode. Buuuut- that said, I HAVE done some script-writing for a web-comic competition that (if it had won) would have given me the chance to work with Stan Lee himself! I still have a copy of the sample I sent in, so at the very least, I can honestly say that Stan Lee has seen some of my work. So that's cool.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote