View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #56
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
So I don't think just because their source is in the FW cartoon, this two guys are bad characters. That would be a bit prejudiced.
They're far from bad characters and I tend to find people who don't like them generally don't think much of the cartoon series either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If one were to follow Crisler's Law, I suppose.
Speaking of Crisler's Law which you like to quote all the time, a user at Den of Geek recently tried to convince me that I take Star Wars too seriously because I dislike what Disney and current Lucasfilm have done to the franchise. Well apparently at the end of the day I'll always have the original trilogy which kinda misses the point I'm trying to get through to him about (shrugs shoulders).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Screw that, and screw them. They didn't even turn up for the last movie, which was exclusively catered to them.
I'm a fan of the cartoon, I went to see it and it was nothing like the 80s cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
But let's for a moment pretend they weren't comedic characters in the first five episodes, what are they then? They have no agency of their own, they never succeed in anything, their appearences are fairly brief and they don't really drive the plot in any signifigant way. And as we're pretending they're not comedic, what are their personalities? Snarling brutes? Gee, how exciting...
I think you're asking too much from these characters. B & R are bumbling but dangerous henchmen. Unless you attach yourself to the cartoon as in enjoy it you aren't going to enjoy the characters. Season 1 clearly showed they could be violent and dangerous. They're dumb? Well what did you expect, they're a gang of lowlives. You can't expect them to be geniuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Even then, they still have a few moments of being serious sprinkled here and there throughout the series, and in season 8, they completely lose their "hallmark charm" as you describe it. Don't get me wrong, I love the comedic aspect of B&R, even more than the serious portrayals,but it is not completely out of character to make future versions dangerous and not silly as there is a precedent.
Spot on. They're supposed to be those characters. It's like asking for an adaptation of Shredder that is a good guy.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote