View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:46 PM   #10
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I wonder if this explains why my TRU still has 4 inch basic figs released about a year ago or more, and nothing new. They have gotten some new stuff. The XL figures and micro mutants. I have seen NECA 1/4 turtles too. But seem to be lagging behind in basic figures.
No. That is because they haven't sold their stock of the old figures. If they sell through, they'll restock with newer figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It was before the sale? That's interesting to know! Thanks Given how many other companies have had success with the license (domestic and international) and Playmates failure at a collectors line hopefully Viacom will be less willing than Mirage to grant such a restrictive license when it does come up.
Take what I posted with a giant grain of salt. I have no reference for that information at present. To the best of my recollection, the issue came up back when NECA had their Mirage Comics Turtles, so around 2008 and again when the sale to Viacom happened. But obviously those both happened many years ago.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys

Last edited by tmntman; 09-28-2017 at 08:57 PM.
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote