View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #601
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Came across this article a couple days ago, which came out prior to the 2014 film, that talks about brands and whatnot favored by TMNT fans vs the general population.

Kind of interesting imo, and seeing that TMNT fans have a +36% above the general population in Jeep ownership kind of tickled me seeing as how I have one. (Okay, technically they based it on likely movie-goers, but I'm sure that skewed in the direction of fans to a decent enough extent.)

The Honey Bunches of Oats made me laugh though, that is some serious love for that cereal. On the flip side, what is with the hate on the ice cream??

Quote:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...b_5578363.html

More on brands below, but one thing that jumped out was the propensity of TMNT likely watchers to eat at fast casual restaurants like Panera or Noodles & Company. The film-goers are 4 times more likely than non-goers to eat at a fast casual joint at least once a week or more.

So, what does this all mean to advertisers? We looked at hundreds of different brands we track to see which ones were most and least popular with likely TMNT movie-goers, compared to the general population. Below are the top ten brands that over- and under-index in popularity:

These two charts show a consistent theme in the brand affinities of TMNT's likely audience. Casual and fast-casual dining, mid-market apparel and sporting goods, packaged goods, and caffeine drinks are a huge hit with this crowd. Higher-end grocers, big box retail, and cars -- with the notable exception of Jeep -- not so much.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote