View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #149
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
You seem to be working off of a lot of information I've never heard of. Where did you get the idea that Nickelodeon has taken over the project?
It was during one of Mr. Lawrences updates this past spring when he made the announcement that Nickelodeon would first be "interested in a copy of the book." But by August that quickly escalated to shipping multiple copies of the book to Nickelodeon's warehouses in Miami where most of the batches will be delivered by them, and only a handful of books will be sent to Mr. Lawrence, along with friends and family. He also claimed that he had to hire an attorney and that he had to keep most of the details quiet.

So if you read between the lines, that says to me that he had some kind of injunction filed against him on behalf of Nick, and thus he was forced to turn over the rights of the books over to the company. Meanwhile, he seems to still somehow would be the mouthpiece for the release of this book, despite the fact that it is now in Nickelodeon's hands. So continued actions regarding this project by Mr. Lawrence would violate the terms of their agreement if such an agreement actually took place. I know he is technically the author in this situation but so far it seems like Nickelodeon has hamstrung him by force out of necessity to protect their trademark. So as it stands right now, as of August 4th, 2018, this project has been out of Mr. Lawrence's hands.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote