View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #53
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I finally finished watching the show.

The second crossover episode was a disappointment, not bad but didn't leave me super hyped like the original crossover did. I go into detail in the crossover thread since that thread was still active and my comments felt better suited there than here.

The Usagi arc was a bit boring, I wanted to love it but meh, it wasn't bad either but it felt so dull. I did like that it felt as a Usaji / TMNT crossover and not TMNT/Usaji crossover if that makes any sense. Not only were the turtles in Usaji's world but also it was a plot of Usaji and not the TMNT they were dealing with.

Finally the road warrior arc was so awesome, easily one of my favorites in the show. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic futures and it was all well done. I gotta find that talkback as well to see other's opinion because as much as I love the episodes, I don't like that this apocalyptic future is the actual future of these turtles, it's bittersweet and I prefer my ultra happy ending in my TMNT cartoons. Maybe I can think of it as an alternate universe the turtles travel to eventually or something.

The zombie shredder arc definitely had more of a finale feel, even with the "wait I want to look at the sky a little more". I think there's a thread discussing which is the series finale, I'll go read that one later as well. Only reason zombie shredder can't be the final episode is they pretty much reference it in the universal monsters arc that they've battled "demons & zombies" so while not explicit they haven't done either of those things before that arc.

I'll post my thoughts on the overall series a little later, I gotta go now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Not all Foot soldiers were robots.
It sure seemed like there were no more human foot later on, unless you mean Karai's red foot ninjas in which case you're right but I was referring to Shredder's.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote