Thread: Writer's Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #7
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
I'm betting comic book script-writing can be a lot of fun. I'm a Spidey fan myself. Where can I find Red-Back: Son of the Spider? I'd like to check it out. I don't think I'd be a very good fanfiction writer. Like, I wouldn't know what to write that the show/movie hasn't already done. What's your TMNT fanfiction like? Do you stick to a certain type of series (like the '12 or '03 or comics)? Do you create new characters? I think that if I wrote TMNT fanfiction I would just create a bunch of mutants xD I think it would be so fun to write for an episode of TMNT '12. It's such a fun series. But, you know, I don't think I could write for Raphael. He's so rude! It's very hard for me write like that. I think it would come off horribly forced.

Thanks, CaliperCat! Aren't dreams crazy like that?! I keep a dream diary. Sometimes I get some really cool scenes from dreams so I know exactly what you mean. I keep my diary near my bed so in case I wake up from a brilliant dream, I better log it because no matter how often I tell myself 'don't forget this--don't forget this' I sure as hell forget. Does your superhero have any superpowers? I don't think you're weird writing out of sequence. A lot of writers I know tend to do that. Just never throw it away. Sometimes you gotta write something just to get it out. And if you decide to not use it in your story, at least you have it for yourself and it may serve a purpose in one of your next pieces. With the story I'm writing now, I'm trying to keep it novella-length but since I'm so used to novels I tend to write more so I toss that idea because it's too much. But getting it down on paper/MS Word doc and out from your head is refreshing and still gratifying to me.

To answer your questions, yeas, it IS a lot of fun, once you get the hang of it. I don't usually do panel-by-panel, but tend toward the "Marvel style" that Stan used to use, where you basically sketch out the broad story action in short paragraph form, and use dialog and/or inner monolog like in movie-scripts, plus sound effects, and use just enough description to show what's happening. All my fics are on my ff.net page, so you can see them there, or on the author page in my siggy, as I post them there, too.

As for my TMNT stuff, I mostly work in my own AU version that sort of throws a little bit of everything from all versions in. For instance, it's MAINLY based in the OT/90's movie-verses combined, with a few things from other versions, like Hun and Bishop, Leatherhead as an ally, a few one-off nods to Venus and Ninjara/Alopex (Shredder comments to Krang about wanting to turn the OC into a fox at one point), Silver Sentry (Mikey's favorite comic book, though he doesn't actually exist in this particular world), Klunk, Xever (as a human) and Fong from Nick, and bits like Raph being the Nightwatcher, four different lairs from OT, 90's films, and 2K3, and Mikey gushing about wanting a guitar to go with the drums Raph got for his 18th birthday so they can start a band (the COoOS tour)! And little things like that. I use Lotus from the OT instead of Karai. (Karai didn't even exist yet when I first started writing it back in 6th grade in 1990!) Also Mona Lisa, some head-canon stuff like Donnie being mildly addicted to coffee, Leo doing origami, and Mikey being an artist and liking to dance.

So far, I've done three stories set in that AU- one of which is also a Gargoyles crossover- and have three or four more in the works for it. (One is Leo-centric, the others are sequels to the main one, however, none of them are "ready" for posting yet.) The rest are stand-alone drabbles, one is a turtle-tot story, and I also have a tragic tale set in the OT (with Kurtzman from Nick added, but his backstory is changed), and another AU where the turtles and Splinter are the bad guys, with Shredder/Krang, etc. being the good guys (a reverse OT world).

I also have ONE T-cest experiment story in the works (with a second possibly on the way), another is April/Casey-centric (That one is NC-17, LOL!), and a Donnie tale that's- let's just call it mildly disturbing in where it goes- and a Mikey-centric "April Fool's Day" story. So far, though, the Donnie, April Fools, April/Casey, and T-cest tales are not posted anywhere, as they are barely started, and I may not get around to them for a while. So, I guess you can say I do a LOT of different things!

And although I haven't managed to fit them in yet, I'm DYING to use Hob, Fugitoid, and Usagi. So far, only Usagi has actually been mentioned, but I DO have a story planned with him set in my main AU.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote