View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

That was a great episode. The first fight scene against Baxter after his upgrade was great. Using Michelangelo as Nunchucks / Kusariwgama was awesome. I'm glad that we finally saw some teamwork between Raph and Donny, but most of all it was great to see how Donatello's bo becomes the Naginata. I kind of thought that it had been abandoned since it hadn't yet shown up and it was nice for it to make its first appearance.

The episode felt more like the Nano episode from the 4Kids series than an actual Baxter Stockman episode which is a bit of issue for me and definitely a complaint I have about the episode. I like it when Baxter is an actual factual threat on his own because of his own inventions and intelligence. I hope that in his next appearance he is able to be made more of a threat in a believable way. I kind of like that he's not evil, but he also doesn't seem bad. The whole let's call it a tie in the end was not in line with him being some evil mastermind. He felt more like Steve Urkel than a crazy scientist. Which also sort of gave me a deeper understanding as to why Baxter was white in the OT.

I really liked the whole fight the man not the armor lesson, but it went in a completely different direction than I imagined it would. They literally fought the man inside instead of attacking him mentally. Throughout the episode it showed that Baxter had a bit of a temper when he was mocked and I figured that they would continually throw insults at him causing him to fight more erratically and allow their superior fighting skills to prevail. Dumping bees into the suit just seemed so literal that it sort of defeated the message of Splinter's lesson. It also seemed off because Baxter didn't really seem to react to getting hit in the face with hot pizza so why would they think that bees could hurt him.

Finally huge fan of the dorkiness of Leonardo regarding Space Heroes and very glad that it came back in the episode. Those moments allow for great sibling bonding between Leo and Raph and I love it. Also really liked that the fugitoid made a semi cameo in the name of the Futur-Toid Electronics store after Mikey hit Baxter in the face with the pizza.

Overall a good episode but coming in after the great episode that was New Friend, Old Enemy it had less of an impact.

Last edited by FoxZerro; 10-21-2012 at 07:13 AM.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote