View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #31
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They need to actually do that, though.

Though I think someone coming to the table first as an avid Fred Wolf TMNT fan and nothing else, and then trying to retroactively figure out "What's this about Mirage TMNT?"... that's going to create a lot of "cross contamination." Probably.
All he did was mention he wanted to make a tmnt movie, though. I'm not going to condemn him for liking bay or Fred Wolf when he just said 'this is something I'd like to do'. I'd expect him to do his research if he made a pitch, or was actually in the running for the job. Most of the directors willing to touch something like this are going to come from the Fred Wolf school of thought, and need to learn about the franchise's roots.

You know what I partially hope happens? A director with his own vision comes along, one with the clout to stand up to studio demands, and willing to make a hard-edged tmnt movie, takes a look at both the mirage come and Fred Wolf cartoons, says 'forget this' chucks them both in the trash, and takes the turtles, the basics of their origin, the themes and cycle of vengeance without watering them down, and tells a whole new story in a whole new way, without slavishly copying entire mirage or Fred Wolf.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 07-08-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote