Thread: Older gamers
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #12
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because it's a label. It's like the people who self-proclaim themselves as "geeks" or "nerds." Like "I'm a videogame geek." Or "I'm a Star Wars nerd."

There's also a negative stigma surrounded to labels. If you say you're a gamer, it gives people the image that you do nothing but sit home all day and play videogames and live in your parents basement. On the other hand if you say you play videogames, it makes it look like you have a normal life.
That makes sense, although there are people who would still judge the hell out of anyone who even simply says they play video games, or if they see someone playing a video game. I was at the car dealership some months ago, getting the car inspected, and as I was waiting in the waiting area, I was passing the time by playing a game on my 3DS. This man who looked to be in his late 40s or early 50s sitting next to me assumed that I play games for hours just because of that. I told him that it hadn't even been an hour. In fact, it was more like half an hour. He said his son plays Call of Duty for hours on end.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote