View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #36
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post

And that may in fact be a quite interesting story. But here's the thing: it wouldn't be TMNT, Vol. 1 #1, which stops just after the Shredder is killed, doesn't deal at all with the ethics or morality of the events that transpire, and doesn't allow the turtles enough character to actually question their actions. It'd be something different, which brings me back to the point that what y'all say you want and what you actually want are two different things. Or alternatively, that you want one product to do two mutually exclusive jobs.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but that is what I felt i read. it's not fleshed out, but I felt it was implied.

My view is simply that Vol1#1 was the story. Everything written after that was an attempt to build on that story, extrapolate from it new ideas, etc. But it Is written as a single short story, without the foresight of what it would become.

To me, it's like an episode of the Twilight Zone. A strange story of natures revenge against man.

maybe you are correct that certain elements may need to be teased out, but that comes with the territory of transitioning media from one form to the next.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote