View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 12:57 PM   #58
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Let go of what? Can't people still like the Fred Wolf series? How does the Adam West series make it any less valid that any other incarnation of Batman? You can be snobbish and disregard the original animated series but that's a childish way of looking at the franchise, ironic considering you'd probably level that particular criticism of being childish at the Fred Wolf cartoon.

To be honest I never visit the 4Kids or Nick forum, I'm sure I'd get bored of hearing about those shows while on those forums. So what do I do? I ignore that part of the forum since I have nothing interesting to contribute. I don't hate those shows, I just don't have an affinity for them like the 80s cartoon. So that's why I think it's a good idea to create a new forum on this site for the 80s series. People can then just ignore the Fred Wolf series leaving the people who enjoy talking about it. Non-fans of that show therefore don't get stressed and they'll be less hate towards threads like this. Everybody's happy, simples.
No, don't get me wrong. I like the Fred Wolf series and I like the 4Kids series.

But you can't lie that one gets a LOT more coverage by Viacom over the other. There's no ignoring something that is all over the franchise now. Whether it be obvious and blatant "references" in the Nick show, or the live action adaptation of the OT (rather than, idk, a reinterpretation of TMNT as a whole using elements from many incarnations of TMNT like IDW or, heck, the original movie), you can't deny that the OT is everywhere because of Viacom and there's no ignoring it.

My issue with that is nobody can seem to move on from a cheesy TMNT and accept a darker, more interesting story-wise approach. Okay, scratch that -- Viacom can't seem to move on. I'm very fond of the OT, it's what got me into TMNT to begin with, but there's a time and a place. All the time and at all the places is not what TMNT as a franchise deserves in my and a lot of others' opinions.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote