View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #86
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I think there is a difference between a new character that moves to town and
"I'm Character A and B child from the future, I also have the same powers as A and B, but also the powers of character C whom is my uncle. and I am really super powerful, I might more powerful than everyone."

But I suppose it also comes down to the execution and how the story is written. Like Trunks could have easily been hated over the fact that he easily dispatch Frieza and his father, but the fact he still lost to goku with a finger at least gave us the idea of "nothing special." meanwhile had the story gone about with Trunks being better than everyone else, yeah, he probably would be called "bad fanfiction"

Then, of course, you have an example of a character having a sister that has never been mentioned before even though that literally everything about said character has been written as an only child and they even have a family photo of just the 2 parents and 1 child. Seriously, *UCK Ramona.

Then of course you got people who just love a bad original character for some god forsaken reason. Looking at you Lord Drakkon. You and your little "Ooo, look at me. I'm an evil Tommy from the future. I'm just like normal tommy but I am twice as powerful because of a bad ass suit of White/Green powers. I killed both Jason and Billy, as well as Rita and Zordon. I am the evil overlord of my time. Oh, but woe is me, nobody loves me as much as they love the other tommy.
You've just described writing vs. silly writing (very subjective, obvs), not writing vs. fanfiction.

Also "I'm Character A and B child from the future, I also have the same powers as A and B, but also the powers of character C whom is my uncle. and I am really super powerful, I might more powerful than everyone." sounds pretty cool... *writes down in TMNT idea notebook*
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote