View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

I still think most of that stuff is both hyperbole, and a matter of opinion. I'll agree to a POINT on just about all of it. It just didn't ruin the entirety of it for me. I didn't like the sh*t with the midi-chlorians either, but it was probably only done to get around comparisons between "The Force" and "God" that some may have bitched about, and it was mostly retconned out in 2 and 3 anyway, they barely mentioned it. I thought a lot of the acting was weak, but again, I can't blame Lucas for that entirely, so I won't. They definitely made an effort to make things more kid-friendly, based both on the fact that they now knew how much money a properly-toy franchised SW flick could make, plus Lucas himself had kids by then, so again, some of it is forgivable to a degree. I do feel a "gap" of sorts between the original trilogy and the prequels, but I swear a lot of it has to do with how it was filmed and how technology had changed in 20 years. I wasn't thrilled with how "slick" 1-3 look when watched in order wih the originals. And aside from the lightsaber fight (which may have been "over-choreographed" but it had more excitement than almost any other sequence in any of the films), Ep. I was definitely the weakest of the films.

I'll agree to a point, but I still don't think they deserve the sh*t they get. I got to see a bunch of SW films on opening night, in theatres, with my Dad, something that was unimaginable when I was a kid. Maybe I'm more forgivable because I jumped in heavy as a teenager, I'unno. I loved them then, and each one got a standing ovation on opening night. I know things often lose some luster over time, but they're not that bad. And honestly, they were never going to be. 20 years of build-up was impossible to make up for.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote