View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #30
Peanut
Second Gear

I'll scrounge around. I know I've got at least two of them and probably a third somewhere. I've got all my post-NES Nintendo stuff hooked up via S-Video now, so I've got a bunch of spare A/V cables kicking around my game room.

Anyways, $80 for Super Metroid actually isn't terribly unreasonable at this point, as insane as that sounds. I mean...it's totally f*cking unreasonable, but in this climate it's pretty standard. Although the cheaper alternative of picking up the SFC Super Metroid at half the price complete, or a third loose, is easily the best way to go. Not only is it the exact same rom as the US version, it has far superior artwork.

VS

I can't believe Mario All-Stars is worth more than $15, though. That's completely insane to me, though it doesn't totally surprise me considering you see sh*t like SMB/Duck Hunt "selling" for $15 and SMB3 "selling" for $25-$30 at a lot of stores around here. Sh*t is totally ridiculous.

BTW, I've heard that Retrobright sh*t is a total risk. I know a lot of collectors who've ruined stuff trying to use it, but I also know a few people who swear by it. It's really luck of the draw with the yellow of SNES plastic. I have two original SNES's from when I was a kid. One is perfect except the plastic around the controller ports is slightly yellowed, the other one is moderately yellowed on the entire bottom. I've thought a few times about taking them apart and swapping everything around so I've got a fully un-yellowed machine, but I'm always afraid of ruining my childhood stuff.

Edit: If you need an RF adapter immediately. I've dealt with this place on numerous occasions and they're super fast and super nice.

Last edited by Peanut; 04-05-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote