View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #39
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi View Post
My Super Mario All-Stars cartridge is being a little b*tch. Not surprising, I guess. I read that the lifespan of the average SNES cart battery is 10-15 years. Mine will save and retain your progress, but sometimes will refuse to boot up once the power is turned on.

Also, relevant to our discussion on pricing:

I believe I tried playing my Super Mario All-Stars cartridge a few years ago, only to see that the memory had been erased. I don't remember ever erasing it myself. However, it still works and still saves. The same thing happened with my The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past cartridge as well.

As for that video, I'm really not sure what to think of it. I'm really not. Though I'm kind of offended by it, really. I'm thinking it's supposed to make me feel guilty for wanting an SNES back then, and for even owning one at all. I remember my mother not wanting me to get an SNES at first. First, she told me that if I get it, I'd have to give my NES away. Then some time after that, she didn't want me to get it at all. In fact, when Christmas was drawing near in 1991, she told me about this time when she was in a store, a man came in asking for a Genesis for his kids. They told him they only have SNES units, and that the man said that his kids would laugh him out of the house if he came home with an SNES. At least I wouldn't have. I eventually got one though, and I think the price lowered by the time I did. People dug the SNES, even though some were afraid to admit it. Those Genesis fanboys were much louder about their Genesis love though, and the ones who hated the SNES just couldn't express their disdain enough. Me though, I never regretted owning an SNES. I wouldn't have minded having a Genesis either, but after enjoying the NES after so many years, the SNES was definitely a must.

Anyway, if those people interviewed in the clip thought Nintendo was so bad for putting out a new system that's more powerful than the NES and how it cost more, then that was only the beginning, and they can't make Nintendo out to be the devil anymore either. Besides, didn't Sega get the same kind of backlash from parents about the Genesis?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote