View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #164
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I dunno if sassy is the word, at least not from what I saw. But it's interesting that they mention us, especially when they have a representative here (who I assume is the same peson) who could just as easily speak to us directly.

This was their post-

I assume they'll see this, so I'll address it here.

No, we're the most hardcore fans/collectors. You don't join this site unless the TMNT are a serious obsession of yours, or at the very least something you are very passionate/knowledgeable about. There are others like us who simply don't like posting on forums, sure, but not many. The fandom is pretty small compared to say that of Star Wars or a Marvel/DC property. The TMNT fans you see on social media, most of them are merely casual/passive fans, not die-hard.

For a lot of those fans, this is probably their first time seeing a cool looking Shredder toy since the early 90's. Many of them aren't big collectors. They're not picky about specific details because they either prefer things to be "updated" or don't care enough about the source material to desire accuracy. They see a vision of their childhood made to look "adult" & get excited by the notion. We on the other hand want a Shredder figure that actually looks like it did on the TV screen, & almost 30 years later, we STILL don't have one. That is not the fault of toy companies such as yourselves, but it's frustrating when new pieces like this or the Dream-Ex one come along & they too, despite their price point & adult collector demographic, do not look "right". They're awesome in their own way, yes, but they're not what we've been waiting for.

I see now they also made this post way back in June-

It's nice that you want our acceptance (you've certainly got it from a bunch of people here, I don't think it is "just so opposite" at all!) & we appreciate your involvement in our community, the updates you provide, but you may just have to accept that we have very particular tastes. Users here on The Technodrome have been quite vocal on what specifically they dislike about the figure, concerning scale, style choices, etc. If it was in your power to change those things, & you then did, the reception here would have changed for the better. If it's out of your hands, then there is no need for you to worry about it. If you have received nothing but positive feedback elsewhere, & there are enough fans purchasing these items to justify their continued production, then unfortunately, we don't matter. That is often the case, & it sucks, but it can't be helped...

As for Dave, who responded to your comment saying-

This isn't remotely true. If it was we wouldn't be discussing the Nickelodeon cartoon or IDW series on a daily basis. The majority of our userbase love those versions. Yeah, a lot of us don't like the new movies, but it's less to do with changes they made & more due to the fact they're poorly written.

People here like the figure! It's just that they'd have liked it better with a few changes. No big deal.
Well said, I applaud you and couldn't agree more to all of that. I know this Saki figure isn't toon accurate but as a fan of the Cerebral and First Gokin's different gritty take on Shredder, I'm pretty freakin excited for this guy! I was blown away by Cerebral and that really helped to sell me on their Shredder. With that said it is equally frustrating to still not have an accurate 87 Shredder from any company. It certainly doesn't seem like it's too much to ask for.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote