View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

I played the GameCube one daily back in 2012 for several months. It was fun and addicting. My favourite villager was Tom, a blue cat. I haven't checked my GC village since... 2013? 2014?

As for New Leaf, it's nice to have an AC game in a portable console. I downloaded it from the eShop since this way I can access it any time I want to, and that's very practical in a game like this. My favourite villager thus far is Ace, a mouse obsessed with lifting weights and exercising in general. I also like Whitney, a female wolf, but rumours say she's planning on leaving my village.

Most of the time I just sell stuff in stores and donate to the local museum. I like how in this game, you're the mayor and can pass some ordinances and build stuff. I'm currently on the way of building a new bridge, so that I don't have to run around half of the village to travel from my house to the main district. And speaking of that, I think I preferred how each store and public building was spread throughout the city, even if having most of them(except the recycling place) on the same street is probably more practical.

So yeah, this is the type of game that's a long term investment. Plus, you'll always miss at least an event or two per year since you'll either sleep in during weekends or will be busy with real life to attend an Animal Crossing event/party. So that's a good way to add replay value to a game like this. I dunno why, but even if it can be quite repetitive at times, AC titles always seem to grab you. I really should write more letters to my neighbours, though. But it gets annoying writing letters often where you gotta pretty much write like a kindergarten student. Then again, collecting furniture is part of the game and they'll gift you a piece of furniture you don't have yet if they really like your letter.

How good is Home Designer, btw? Sucks that New Leaf isn't compatible with the Amiibos and cards. I really like those, but I won't buy HD for it. I mean, was there really a need for an AC game exclusively dedicated to home designing? You could already do that in previous AC titles...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote