View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Obviously the main point of a handheld system is so that you can play it anywhere, not just in your home but outside as well. Thing is, do you actually do that, and if you do then how often do you do it?

When I was a kid my parents never allowed me toi take my Game Boys to school because she feared I'd either lose them or someone would steal them from me. It's fair, because they're the ones who paid for them . My brother lost his original Game Boy(the grey brick) one day when he was like 11-12 years old and I think that also contributed to our parents never letting us take our toys and handheld systems to school.

Since my tube and bus rides are never long enough for me to get into a game before my stop comes, it's pointless for me to take my 3DS outside. Supermarket lines and such don't give me much time to get into a game either. When I pick up a game to play I want to spend at least a decent amount of time on it. Less than 10 minutes isn't enough for me to have an enjoyable time. Might as well just take out my mobile phone and browse the net with 4G or listen to a couple of songs on Spotify's mobile app while I'm waiting for something or for my destination.

Ofc, if I go on a plane trip again someday or go on a long distance train trip I'll definitely bring something to entertain myself with.

As for the Switch, when I eventually get one, I don'r think I'll play it in public at all. That console is pricey and it'd suck to have an accident or me forgetting it somewhere or someone robbing it from me.

So yeah, I mostly play portables at home while lying in bed. What about you?
Not really. Due to fear that you might get robbed of your portable handheld device.

Its ok for Phones however. Since you can make emergency calls. But if you were carrying a 3DS or some portable gaming device. You would become a target of someone who wants to rob you.

So no. I would never play any handheld consoles in public places. It would become a distraction and you have to be alert at the place around you.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 09-18-2018 at 08:40 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote