View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:26 PM   #578
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post
So what do you guys think it would take for TMNT to be a 30-50K monthly sales book? It's reviewed positively everywhere, has pretty consistent art (especially when Mateus is doing his thing), the writing has been steadily good, and has shows and movies based on the characters. Not the EXACT characters in terms of characterization and look, but y'all know what I mean. Besides those points, the Turtles are pop culture icons.

They float between 16K and 20K regularly and that's good, but could they be doing better? I understand IDW isn't one of the Big 2, but is that the only reason? They're not on a large publisher so they won't do big numbers? Have comic book readers gotten over the Turtles or what? Am I missing something?
Honestly I think it would take two things
The IDW Comic art would need to revert back to Dan Duncan style art instead of the child like pre-adolescent baby faces.

Second it would need a very successful movie franchise along the lines of Nolan Batman or Marvel Movie franchise to Garner more attention.

TMNT was originally a darker comic than what we have now.
and also the only thing most people know about TMNT is that they had an awesome TV shows in the 90s that is for kids and only kids.

Hell I did not know how awesome and serious the original Mirage comics were until I stumbled across the old TMNT website and think thats the problem is TMNT needs to bring the Darker more Serious TMNT to Main Stream media.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote