View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are season/series finales your favorite episodes in most shows?

I notice after I marathon and rewatch my favorite shows over and over again, the episodes I always enjoy the most are the season finales of each season, and then the overall series finale.

For obvious reasons, the season finale is usually when most of the overall plotlines and subplots for that particular season come to a close. Most of the important characters arcs for both the heroes and villains usually come to a good conclusion in the finales, while also simultaneously setting things up for the next season. Basically everything you've been watching had been building up to that particular episode, so it feels "worth it" like you got the payoff you deserved after following all those episodes.

Every time I get to a season or series finale, I feel so happy after finishing it. Like I feel "content" because I got what I wanted. Of course some season and series finales don't always wrap things up and leave plotholes or loose ends, but that's besides the point. For the most part they're my favorite eps.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote