View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #97
Avenger
Thug

Quote:
Hal was not the test pilot who dated his childhood crush turned boss like current mythos would suggest.
Quote:
Oh, Hal is a mess. Geoff wants you to believe he's Maverick from Top Gun, womanizer extraordinaire... but the reality is he was always in long term relationships or pining over one woman, crying all the time and super emotional.

My question would be: So what?

Geoff made Hal this way, but it is just another writer. In 15 years, maybe we'll have another "all new super duper secret origins" and we'll learn that Hal always hesitated with Carol because deep down he's gay, or whatever else.

Hal Jordan from Earth 1 is different; maybe one day this version will retcon the womanizer. The good news are: you still can read your old comics and enjoy it. It won't disapear because a retcon happened.

Comparing Green Lantern today vs 1972 is like comparing Batman today vs the Super Friends era. The culture is different, the readers are different. I think this is no use to be angry because a character's version is different from writer to writer.

We're suppose to talk how much we like green Lantern and why, not playing at "my favorite version is better than your's"
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote