View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 03:09 AM   #1
Noxonius
Random Punk

Angry Baxter Stockman's treatment in the series

I recently caught up to the latest TMNT episodes, including Owari. I was very surprised at what happened to Baxter Stockman. To my complete surprise, he was quickly cured from his mutation in a rather forced, dull manner.

When I thought about it further, I realized, that in all three TMNT cartoon series, Baxter never gets the treatment he deserves. The writers always seem to write his conclusion story backwards. Let me explain.

In the original 80's cartoon, Stockman gets trapped in a wormhole, never to return. This ending for Stockman is rather cruel and undeserved. In this series, Stockman started out as a good guy who was abused, tortured, and lied to all the time, which slowly turned him cynical, evil and insane. He did not deserve any of the treatment he got in the series, let alone his ending. The Turtles act like complete jerks and push him into the portal. The guy can't catch a break.

In the 2003 series, Stockman is handled in a completely different manner. He's introduced to us as a straight forward bad guy. He's evil right from the start, and totally deserves all the crappy treatment by Shredder and everyone else. However, once again, he gets an ending that is absolutely undeserved. This asshole gets rescued 100 years in the future by Bishop, because reasons unknown. Throughout the series, Stockman was a psychopathic evil genius who sought nothing more but fame and power, and never once hesitated to hurt other people to get it. Yet STILL, he gets a good ending in Bishop's side and suddenly turns into a good guy. What a load of barnacles. Bishop and the Turtles had all the reasons in the world to leave him die in that underground base of his. They had zero reasons to rescue him, yet Stockman gets a jail free card for being evil. At the very least he should have been jailed for life for all the crimes he committed.

Moving on to the 2012 series, Stockman once again starts out as a bad guy. He is clearly a spoiled, bitter geek who thinks he deserves more than he actually does, and is seen robbing places with his badly crafted tech. He gets the treatment he deserves by the people around him, HOWEVER, once again, the writers don't seem to know what the heck they are doing, because they decide to give Baxter a good ending this season. He gets cured for NO REASON. Baxter has spent this series being a mean spirited jerk with no sense of morals, and gets rewarded by getting turned back to human and the turtles are like whatever. I know, he laments the turtles for doing that since apparently he liked being a bug, but to me it seems like he complains only because that's what he likes to do, and not because he actually hates being human. All in all, it's a rather comical scene and I'm sure Baxter enjoys being human again at the end. But as I was saying, this ending was totally undeserved. Baxter should have been left as a freak because he's a bad guy. Mikey had no reason whatsoever to waste that dosage of mutagen on him. Sloppy writing at it's best. If the writers want Baxter to be human again for whatever they have planned for him in the next season, they could have done it in a far more interesting manner, like Baxter stealing the retro-mutagen or inventing it himself, or him getting cured by accident. Point is, that scene made no sense and Mikey was being a bigger idiot that what he usually is.

See what I mean by all this? Whenever Baxter starts out as a good guy, he gets abuse. Whenever he starts out as a bad guy, he gets to weasel out of all the **** that he's done for no reason. The writers just can't give this guy proper treatment. He's always written backwards at the end. I hope in the final season he finally gets a proper, well deserved ending for his character.
Noxonius is offline   Reply With Quote