View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #66
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i had a very similar experience on Wiki as well.
someone kept editing a page as per their own personal 'wish-list' instead of being accurate.
every time i'd fix it they'd just re-edit it back to their wish-list. they even tried to ban me from the page.

i figured just let ignorant idiots be what they're going to be.

unfortunately the world is at no shortage of stubborn and ignorant people.
Ha, nice. The final straw with the TMNT wiki was not being allowed to fix the Shredder Clones page, they insist on calling them the Shredder Elite based on a goof Dan Berger made over a decade ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i'm wondering if it might be a good reading order to place inside 'Inside Out' in front of Issue#66?

in issue #66 Raph mentions Leonardo teaching the Turtles the art of having their spirit astral project out of their bodies.
That's a good catch on the connection, but since astral projection wouldn't be something learned overnight, I like having some space between the two stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Oh wow really?? I missed seeing the proper title for TMNTU #5, I like it though. Way better than the "Old Hob and Leatherhead" placeholder I eventually just stuck on that timeline I'm a stickler for knowing the titles of all the story arcs usually
Yeah, they quietly snuck it into the TPB. I also noticed the other day that TMNT/Ghostbusters #3 now has two different titles between the TPB and the deluxe hardcover.

TPB version is "Showdown in Chinatown" and deluxe version is "Just in Casey".

Quote:
Man, what? Wiki admins can be the f**king worst. I was banned from the Always Sunny in Philadelphia wiki because I kept correcting broken English and turning direct quotes that were not in quotations into paraphrases because they didn't even need to be directly quoted. So stupid and frustrating.
Ha, wow. I got banned from the Young Justice wiki for trying to change Black Beetle's species to Reach alien after his face was revealed. I contacted the guy and he said "Well Superman looks human, but he's not".

Quote:
As far as Turtlepedia goes, I just stick to a very tiny corner and mainly just create pages for the IDW story arcs. The actual issue # wiki pages seemed to be overly obsessed with the meaningless minutiae of comic book collecting rather than the actual content like characters, plot development, story progression, etc. To each their own I guess though
Yeah, I'm all into the details, but sometimes they go overboard.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote