View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 08:15 PM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I think the reason we will never see Mara Jade in the Disney Star Wars era is because they want to lean into the "Luke *MIGHT* be gay (or asexual)" fan theories. Shame, cause I'd love if they did some animated series or something that takes place between VI and VII where they introduce her.

Could Luke have met Mara and turned her good in that timeframe, married, had a kid or two, then she either dies or escapes with the kids during Kylo's destruction of his temple... and Luke either doesn't know they escaped or is devastated thinking they died in the temple massacre. This would add more context to why he chose to exile himself. He thinks his wife and kids also died in that massacre.

Just because they never mentioned her in VII, VIII or IX doesn't mean she didn't exist. That's how they worked Ahsoka in and it worked out just fine.

Many fans were upset at how Luke was portrayed in the Sequels, and that the Skywalker line (bloodwise, anyway) is ended. But if they chose to write a story as I described, it would set a lot of things right. We'd have some new Skywalker kids out there in the universe.

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-10-2023 at 08:23 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote