View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #35
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
To be honest, Hollywood could possibly get away with turning those characters white or black easily since Pokémon, despite being a Japanese product, doesn't really have a setting that immediately tells you that it's Japanese. It's a fictional world(well there is also a region in Japan called Kanto...) with fictional creatures.
True. Even Satoshi's hometown is probably based on Yamanashi...possibly (just my assumption). Kanto's region consists of places like Tokyo, Yokohama, Saitama, Chiba, etc. That aside, outside of the first series (Kanto) that referenced Japanese culture and things quite a bit, the others really don't so much and I guess that was done to make it easier to adapt or whatever, into other languages without having to change too much.

Orange Island eps I figured were based on the Izu Islands...Cinnabar being the most northern of them. Hoenn was based on Kyushu (ironically, where the two big quakes hit recently). Never mind. Still should be easy to adapt and make an English Pokemon movie given how localized it is.
Quote:
And considering this would be made by Americans, you know there'd be an outrage if everyone would be of the same race in this movie. It's like an unwritten rule that every American made stuff needs to have a representative or two of every major ethnic group residing in the country.
Now this makes sense because the country is made up of many people with different backgrounds. It's annoying how people outside of the US always assume the country have white people only because of how our media is. I'm so sick of people thinking I'm from either South America or Africa as opposed to Canada, US, somewhere in the UK, etc., because I'm not white.

If they do a Pokemon movie, they should base it on X/Y since that was a multinational game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And, in how many of those episodes, Team Rocket try to kidnap Pikachu and then are sent blasting off at the end?
You know, I rewatched some of the first series a while back. It felt more like the Rockets had some kind of scheme going on and would coincidentally come across Satoshi and his friends. It felt more like killing two birds with one stone. They continue whatever their scheme was while trying to get Pikachu too. Of course there were times where they purposely went after the Satoshi and his companions, but there were quite a bit of them that didn't and it was more like an opportunity. Like with the Cerulean ep, for example. They'd gotten to Cerulean way before Satoshi and the others did and they were planning on robbing the gym. Pikachu just happened to be there. Of course they'll get blasted off again or defeated because they're the bad guys...but I do wish they would have it more like what I mentioned. They just happen to run into the twerps and then try to capture their Pokemon.

Of course I'm really no expert in the anime. Aside from Kanto and the Orange Islands, I've never seen a Pokemon series in full because I'd end up losing interest at some point. The new series (X/Y), I just have no interest in since the game's story was kind of....stupid to me.

Last edited by ssjup81; 04-16-2016 at 07:10 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote