View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 03:49 PM   #167
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If he's got other victims lined up in the queue, wouldn't it behoove him to get them all in one fell swoop?
He's looking for more information. He already got one to flip. Manafort and Gates are holding out so far, but we'll see what happens when they're staring down the barrel of something like a decade in federal prison. Hell, it's the same process as Nixon; they didn't exactly go after the man himself for a year and a half, two years, instead pinching several of his high-ups in the administration. It's an opening salvo.

"Victims" is a weird way to describe these guys.

Quote:
There's a lot of silence from a whole lot of people who were very loudly waiting like kids on Christmas Eve to wake up today seeing Trump in handcuffs.
Anyone who thought that was happening today deluded themselves. These things take time, especially when you're dealing with something as heavy as White House involvement. You don't just go and arrest or indict the President unless you're sure about everything. It's not some minor deal you can take lightly.

But people are wide and varied, so naturally some people were gonna kid themselves.

Quote:
True, for sure. But Ozzy was as representative of Sabbath as David Lee Roth was of the good years of Van Halen, and although Dio's a great singer, I don't want to hear him on a Black Sabbath track; if I want to hear Dio I'll just go listen to Rainbow in the Dark or Holy Diver.
I think I'm just more receptive to replacement singers. I thought Dio was fine in Sabbath. I mean, the man's a better overall vocalist. But I'll also agree that it doesn't sound as much like Sabbath without Ozzy. But on the other hand, there are a ton of awesome tracks from the Dio years. I don't know. I like both eras.