View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Agreed. I missed some episodes too when the show originally aired and it’s only on my current watch of the series that I realized just how good it is. You’re more attached to the characters when you can watch it in the proper order. There were previously ons and flashbacks, but those really only help people that watched eps here and there like I did. The cartoon was maybe too ahead of its time. If it had first come out a few years later, it might’ve been more successful.
At the time it was airing I mostly was familiar with the first 2 seasons. And I even missed a few eps of those. Hence why, when I played Battle Nexus 2 on the GameCube, I thought Slashuur was a character that appeared on the show and was surprised and a bit disappointed when I found out he was an exclusive character of the game.

Around mid-season 3 or so I fell off the show because I lost a bit of an interest in TMNT around the time it aired here(2006 or so?) and was more into pro wrestling and other stuff for a while. Plus, the show aired like once or twice a week in the morning and I was never the biggest morning person out there, especially not on weekends. If it had aired on a cable cartoon channel on late afternoons or past dinner time I'd probably have not missed a single episode, but whatever. I didn't get to watch season 4 and beyond until this decade when the show was already done and available... out there.

It's cool how a lot of stuff is interconnected on this show, but like I've said, a lot of it makes less sense if you miss a few episodes. And back in the pre-youtube and streaming days where you actually had to tune in the TV at the right time to watch the latest episode you were ALWAYS gonna miss a few episodes eventually, even if you were a kid/teenager like me on a weekend morning without much do to. So imagine now why a lot of people aged 18-22 who might have been interested in revisiting TMNT weren't aware or could afford to keep up with the show at the time. They were either going to work their part-time jobs on Saturday morning or just overslept until lunch time because they had stayed up drinking on Friday night.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote