View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:07 AM   #14
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
1.) Could we use the list that is on the TMNT museum's site? I really do not know how complete it is, but it seems to have quite a list of turtles. If we can use the list, I don't mind scripting it out and send it to who ever in an excel sheet, or what ever format you like. Maybe I could even post it here somehow. I started putting the TMNT museum's list in an excel sheet yesterday actually. I'm up to 1991 and still going. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it took a while to get there. haha.
Sure, something like that would be ideal, but we would need permission from the owner of that site first. If not, I hope we as a community can come up with one.

Quote:
2.) How will this checklist work? Will it allow a Technodrome user to maintain their own inventory? If so, see #3.
Yes, each member would be able to check off which items they own and enter any additional info if necessary. Maybe we could even have basic and advanced views where basic would just be a checklist, and advanced would be for people who want to keep track of quantities, condition, etc.

Quote:
3.) How much information will be available in said inventory list?
That's up to those of you who would be using this the most. Let me know which fields are important, and I can add the ones that are most requested.

Quote:
My inventory list, so far, has:

Product Year
Product Type: (Basic Assortment, Wacky Action Figures Ect...)
Product Name: (Leonardo, Raphael, Dirt Bag... ect)
Carded: True or False
Carded Price
Loose: True or False
Loose Price
Complete: True or False
Picture (I suppose if you take pictures, you could add a link here maybe?)
Notes
Those sound like a good set of fields to start with. For the first three, the script should be able to auto-fill those in using the list mentioned above (hopefully, depending on how much information is available to us). And speaking of the list, it would also be good to have a stock picture of each figure available to help people identify which is which when entering them in.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote