View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:27 AM   #52
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I feel like if the film makers and the studio have a passion and an idea for a great movies, there's a chance it could be equaled in some fashion down the line. However, it seems that producers and studios need to move away from the idea of creating a TMNT film just to make a quick buck as opposed to creating something substantial. The 1990 film had the perfect combination of heart, tone, character development and action. I would LOVE for a new film to get it right and reinvigorate TMNT on screen with the same passion that happed in 1990, but it has to start from the beginning of the project.

My ultimate dream is to have Guillermo del Toro create a TMNT film that blends together themes and story beats from Mirage, the original '87 series and some elements from IDW. I feel he's the perfect guy to get a story with some meat to it as well as bringing in the updated practical effects this franchise could benefit from.

All in all though, nothing can really touch the 1990 film for me. I still say it's one of the greatest comic book movies ever made and is severely underrated in the grand scheme of things. I love movies like Man Bites Dog, The Holy Mountain, Drive, A Clockwork Orange...but there's something about Steve Barron's TMNT film that continues to capture my imagination with every viewing.