Thread: zelda Games
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:36 AM   #24
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
They are all pretty much the same game, but with newer skins each time. that's the one small problem with the zelda series.

I think that was the issue they were trying hard to get away from with BOTW. Past ALTTP, almost everything is a reskin of Ocarina, with a bunch of games either referencing it heavily, or homaging it to death. In some of the interviews they mentioned that they needed to move onward from Ocarina, (that in a very big sense) BOTW is a whole different universe then Ocarina and pretty much is their effort to return to the series 'roots,' what really had people excited to play Zelda in the olden days.

I know before this Zelda had been slowly losing fans to the more 'grown up' medieval genres like Diablo and Skyrim, so it looks like they brought back a ton of these fans and then some. Outside of remakes, BOTW became the best selling Zelda game of all time, which I hope they continue on with not relying on ossified formulas and hand holding, because not everyone started with Ocarina as their 'first' Zelda game, and when everything starts looking like Ocarina instead of being original, then that starts sucking, fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Not a proper Zelda game but I really want to get Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. I skipped it on the Wii U because of the massive amount of DLC it had but now it's all in one package. To me it has the best designs for Link/Zelda/Impa/Ganon/new characters that the franchise has had in years not to mention all the fan service.
Easily, EASILY the best designs for me. HW Ganondorf looks like a freakin powerhouse compared to his other incarnations, and damn does he look badass while he does it. I also like that they moved past him being merely human and continued to add onto what he is, it seems like nobody wants to move past his Ocarina/Twilight Princess characterisation, even after in Skyward Sword they 'revealed' him to be the ongoing incarnation of a demon king's curse.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote