View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #487
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Everyone... being on a different site and not the drome? I think there's me and maybe 1? on here I liked the reboot (Though not as original cast)
Well the movie originally came out in 2009 and yeah not the drome but tech communities back then raved about the movie a lot so even if I'd never been interested in Trek before I checked it out since it was hyped as "finally Trek is like Star Wars" or "a fresh new take on Trek", "The trek you love but without all the baggage" and it was just ok, I watched it again to see if it clicked but nope.

I'm sure some hardcore fans hated it since the first movie but I think the general consensus backlash started with the first sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
watch TNG's 'Where No one has Gone Before'.

if that doesn't get you..nothing will.

for something slightly more goofy, A Naked time from TNG will also do.
The thing is I'm not a fan of watching a random episode to get hooked, I'm kind of a continuity geek and if I start watching Trek I'll want to watch EVERYTHING. So that also stops me, I came close one day when every show was on Netflix.

But maybe I'll give it a shot one day, then again if I start with the best episode what's next for me?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote