View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Imagine if we got a new series with these designs?
Certainly wouldn't have been out of place with all the other EXTREME 90's stuff going on at the time. I was always a fan of that aesthetic, personally, so I'd have probably loved it if they did give the TMNT a series like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Cool, thanks for the share!

Edit: Just had a look at the figures for this, I wonder why they didn't do a Leo figure?
Typical Playmates, they skip a turtle far too often. This was one case of it being a huge loss, IMO. The fact they made the eternally peg-warming She-Dragon but not Leo is wack.

There was this mysterious bootleg/custom/whatever though-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
Thanks Powder.

I'm glad I own a copy (with the Larsen/Bisley cover you displayed).
I wish I had all 6 covers though but the easiest way to get them is to buy the figures MOC and the TMNT ones are not cheap.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I swear with every wild interpretation of the TMNT, my love for the franchise just grows. Seeing a super bizarre, 90's Jim Lee take on the TMNT adds to the well nicely.
Gonna try to scan a few more oddities for y'all. Glad you're enjoying them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Seems like I've seen concept art for Jim Lee styled Leonardo, but I can't recall it now. It is remarkable that the TMNT franchise is almost as versatile to successful and legitimate re-interpretation as something like Batman. Of course, in the case of this promo comic, cool as it is, it's really just the a distillation of the 90s Turtles with new design elements.
I am thankful that's the case, it's so fun having all these wildly different iterations. As for the concept art & whatnot...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote