View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #18
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That's a fair criticism, but what I'm trying to communicate is that it seems there is more and more filler and less and less story. Not that what I particularly want is right, but that the industry itself (at least as far as the Big 2 go) is continuing to shift towards filler leading up to crossover that goes back to filler that goes to crossover.

Whether it's the zaniness of Deadpool (which is being imitated more and more) or the pointless Bay-style writing of Scott Lobdell, it seems like DC and Marvel are just coasting on the former memorable stories of their longest held IPs.

I mean, hell. They're doing Civil War 2. Cap punches Iron Man--except this time it's Falcon.
Aaah. Got'cha.
I can imagine that would be frustrating for someone invested in the larger Marvel Universe. I'm just not one of those people. I've only ever been an X-person, and the last Great Big X-over I followed religiously was Age of Apocalypse.

These days I prefer to keep to the smaller titles, because I don't have the energy to follow the big events. So this Gwenpool thing is right up my alley.

Especially seeing as I prefer my Marvel Universe to either be bubblegum or so Dark and Gritty it borders on parody.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote