View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hmm... I dunno, Bebop and Rocksteady are generally Shredder's lackeys, so they sort of still need him, imo. But I wish the film had revolved more around Krang's doings.

Technically, this is an alien invasion film... but how many alien invasion movies exist where everything is resolved before anything bad actually happens? I mean, at least bring some destruction to the city and/or world first. Give the Turtles a verified evil thing to stop and save the day, for which the citizens are grateful for the unknown heroes.

As it stands, they can't report on who got rid of it or how, so what does the average citizen know? "There was a weird thing in the sky... then by dinner it was gone." They wouldn't even know if it was actually dangerous to them.
When you think about it, OOTS wouldve been a completely different film if there was no Shredder, Karai, Baxter and it just stuck to Krang as the big bad.

Shredder in 2014 and 2016 felt like completely different characters so he might as well have been killed off at the end of the first film. That way, the movie wouldve not been dwelling with the treasure hunt plot which overshadowed the actual invasion.

It wouldve started out like this: Krang invades earth but the turtles must stop him and the two mutant hechmen he created: Bebop and Rocksteady.

Relatively simple plot compared to what we got.

Infact, when you really think about it: Brad Gerret Krang could have some pretty funny banter with B and R like the FW cartoon. He could shout stuff like "creatants!" And "incompetent idiots!" while Brian Tee Shredder didnt have that kind of personality.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote