View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm by no means an authority on healthcare... but I'm a little confused. I've looked at signing up for Obamacare, checked out the website... it would be crazy, as it'd be way more expensive than my basic, sh*tty health insurance I get from my job and appears to cover less. But IF I were to pay for it, the basic Obamacare... things like major surgeries and transplants and other life-saving things would all be covered? I don't think they would, not without massive deductibles and thousands/hundreds of thousands in cash out of pocket (not unlike I'd have to under my current basic, sh*tty health insurance), if my understanding of the basic Obamacare policies is correct. And most people don't just have thousands of dollars set aside for these scenarios. The policies I was looking at were like... you have to spend out of pocket about $2,500 up front... and THEN the yearly coverage of about $2,500 kicks in, and if you use all that up, then you're out of pocket beyond that. Sort of a "donut" coverage which... isn't much of a coverage at all.

I've seen things like Jimmy Kimmel crying, talking about how he'd be so sad if his child died because they didn't have Obamacare coverage... I'm not really sure what he's talking about. What am I missing, here? Does he know something I don't about Obamacare, or does he just not understand how it works?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote