View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It took me years to realise Hamato Yoshi was never part of the Foot Clan in the 2k3 series. CyberCubed made a thread about it and several people, me included, had not realised until he mentioned it. Several of us overlooked that.

Here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49117

Perhaps it's not not what you're looking for, but it's the first thing that comes to my mind.
I never knew that he was not until I read this post. It is a fact that is simply never touched on by creator or in-show.

I do question though if these are examples of false memories or simply things we did not know.

At that time of its airing I never knew Divide and Conquer was the finale. It was almost three years later did I learn that it was and about the Shreder/Dregg three parter that never aired in my area. I would not call it a false memory so much of a fact that slipped past me. Another example from another franchise, I never knew that the Green Ranger lost his powers completely in Green Candle part 2. I thought that was the beginning of his powers being limited, not knowing there was a 12 episode break before he got them back on a borrowed time. Was it a false memory or something kids on the playground never discussed and episode never aired in proper order for single digit aged children?