View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #15
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Pokémon and Harry Potter were paths to Satan when I was a kid.
Yes, those were the two main ones of our generation.

I didn't understand the Harry Potter flak at all. They were good wizards fighting bad wizards, never overtly contradicted Christianity, and it was far from the first piece of fiction of its kind.

Where was the outrage for Wizard of Oz? Merlin and Arthur? The Rankin/Bass Santa Claus stuff? It was definitely when I started to realize adults could be as stupid and gullible as children.

--

Now Pokémon is a different story. I lived and breathed that sh*t all through 3rd grade and couldn't stand when people shunned it, but Jesus Christ, what a dystopian society that portrays. They live in world where pretty much every non-human creature has an amazing ability... and not only do they fight them, but they're ****ing encouraged to fight them! Plus all the 10 year olds having shower room ass sex? Bleh.

And I wish I could say it was all harmless fun, but the consumerism it espoused was a ****ing plaque. Kids were stealing, smuggling and losing their minds over it.

I was unloading a Charizard I stole from a good friend, and when word got out I had to bloody a kids face with a garden hose nozzle when he, his friend and his ****ing little sister jumped me in the street.

He already had all 151 cards, but was willing to rob me of my binder because "we want doubles".

Sick.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-04-2017 at 06:53 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote