View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
If anything, it annoyed the **** out of me that the Batman Inc. concept, or at least of the global Batmen, was just dropped in the New 52 era.
Yeah, like a bad habit. Then we got that prestige format conclusion which was just the last two issues of it they never bothered to print, like 5 months later.

The biggest victims of the New 52 was Justice League International. They'd literally spent a whole year of real time building back up JLI in JL: Generation Lost, and simultaneously with Brightest Day which brought back Max Lord... and then they just poo-pooed away all of it. The best relaunch (not reboot) idea they'd ever had, and just poo-pooed it. Right at the finish line. I was beginning to loathe the year-long weekly stuff ("Trinity" was rough to get through, real rough, and it was even more maddening that right when it was over with, after I'd suffered through a year's worth of buying those comics and when Busiek had Krona becoming basically the life-force of Earth-1... like 3 months later Geoff Johns completely and knowingly ignored it when it was time to make Krona into shrimp dude to prep people for the new WB movie)... both both of those successfully piqued my interest.

Then as a consolation prize in the New 52, we got the JLI series where Guy Gardner is like, "Who are you?" to Ice. pfffffft. F*** off.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-09-2017 at 11:57 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote