View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 10:52 PM   #101
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh god, that question. I only tend to get it from co-workers, usually fellow women, who I guess just want to get to know me, but at this age they tend to react a little surprised that I don't and not married. *cringe*

Hey, life doesn't always happen the way you wanted or hoped and I'm not the 'settling' type, so things are what they are right now. But I ain't dead yet, so...

Last time I heard that question was from one of our new team leads. Fortunately she didn't react much to it, but suggested that well, there's always adoption and talked about her own plans to adopt at least one someday. (Seems she's adopted herself.) Though while that is all well and good, I'm just not much of the maternal type and not sure I could connect well enough with an adopted child (nor do I have the best 'attachment' with others myself)...and if I couldn't, I wouldn't want a kid to have go through life lacking in that department. Not that I'm in any financial or life position to take on that challenge anyhow.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote