Thread: Toy Fair 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 06:05 AM   #154
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
The new Titans style line would be perfect for Playmates to finally give us Traag and Granitor. I imagine a Kraang Prime would work out decently too, if not a bit flat. Of course, Playmates probably won't bother.

As for the repaints the basic line, what are they doing? I'm not opposed to repaints, but the color choices are perplexing. They could be doing homages or show relevant variants. Shredder has numerous past incarnations that they could draw from. Multi-color Footbots based on the games. A clear blue Mutagen Man for his frozen status on the show. A Merdude homage for Fishface?

And somehow still no Kraang variants? We should have had a blue Kraang years ago. A jetpack Kraang would be another cheap variant. The lack of Kraang figures in the basic line is a joke. They were primary antagonists throughout most of the show and we still only have a single mediocre figure.
I have said it all along, if there has been an injustice in this toy line is the missed opportunities they have had, especially with the Kraang. But the Foot bad guy vehicles that could use existing turtle vehicles and a huge lack of aliens, humans, and mutants besides the title characters. Creep got cancelled due to not being the right size.

So where is the repainted Mondo Gecko?

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote